Coaching is different for everyone, but the process may include clarifying your purpose and what you want, considering how to get there and developing the qualities you will need to make that journey.
Personal coaching focuses on what you want to achieve. It also helps you deal with difficult times in your life, periods of change or uncertainty. This might include:
- Finding purpose and fulfillment day to day
- Exploring and discovering solutions for difficult situations
- Making personal or career choices
- Finding the balance between work, family and self
- Improving your self-confidence and self-belief
How we go about this depends on what you want. We can look at issues from the perspective of creative problem solving, using simple exercises to generate ideas and make decisions. If the issues you want to bring are more fundamental, such as ‘Who am I?’ and ‘What do I want from Life/Work/Relationships?’ then over a few sessions we might:
- Work to identify what motivates you, values and purpose that make you get out of bed each day
- Think about what this implies for how you want to live your life and the goals you might want to achieve
- Look at what stops you achieving what you want, blocks in the road and that nagging inner critic who sabotages you
- Consider how small steps and positive daily habits will slowly take you towards bigger goals
As an example of how the work might help you, one of my clients, Karen, wrote the following to me:
I’ve been meaning to get in touch for a while as I wanted to share something with you about my recent trip to India (Varkala, Kerala), where I did yoga teacher training. Do you remember a few years back when I had some individual coaching? You assisted me to complete a visualisation technique, and I visualised myself at my happiest – which was sitting in a lotus position, sitting on a cliff overlooking the ocean. That image has always stuck with me since. As I was researching a place to do the yoga course I came across Varkala, and it wasn’t until I saw pictures of the place that I realised how strongly it represented my visualisation! So I chose to go there, and had an absolutely amazing experience! Prior to going I was looking into studying sound therapy (gongs/ Himalayan bowls etc), and strangely enough I met someone out there from Nepal who did exactly that, and so was able to further my learning in that area too. Now I’ve signed up to complete a diploma in sound therapy, I’m really excited about it! I wanted to thank you for that session that I had with you, as I’ve found visualisation techniques have really helped me since that time.
Contact me now to see if working together could be beneficial for you.